Campus Bike Center
EVENT CALENDAR - Classes
U-cycle 101 - Build confidence in cycling in and around campus. Wednesdays from noon - 1 p.m. See class description and more details under the register link below.
Opened in September 2011, the U of M Bike Center offers great amenities to bicyclists on campus.
For Public Use
- Electronic bike trip-planning kiosk
- Bicycle retail and repair service shop - The Hub Bike Co-op (a full-service bike shop with three Minneapolis locations)
- ZAP Program - RFID (radio frequency identification) tagging and tracking capabilities
- Public meeting space
- Collection point for abandoned bicycles
- Educational opportunities, such as smart cycling courses and bike maintenance classes
The bike center is located near the corner of Oak St. and Delaware St. It is on the west side of the Oak Street Parking Ramp near the elevator lobby.
401 SE Oak St
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For Members Only
- Secure bicycle parking (available 24/7)
- Showers/changing facilities (available 24/7)
A Bike Center membership costs $85 per year. The membership year is October 1 - September 30. If you join mid-year, the membership fee is pro-rated.
To sign up for a membership, send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, email address and phone number. A PTS staff member will contact you with payment and program details. Memberships are not complete until payment has been received (check, credit card and cash accepted). Another option is to stop in to the third floor of the Transportation & Safety Building, 511 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455. Please allow approximately two business days to process and activate a membership.
Have You Been Zapped?
The Bike Center is the base for the ZAP Program - an innovative RFID system, which permits bicyclists, who install an identity tag on their bikes, to earn benefits and incentives, such as reduced costs for tune-ups and commuter goods by simply validating their bike trips. Learn more.
Bike Sharing With Nice Ride
Bicycles can be checked out from public kiosks and returned to any other Nice Ride location. See campus locations. The program runs from April through November. For more details, visit the Nice Ride Website.