Campus Zone Pass
If you ride exclusively on campus, the new Campus Zone Pass is perfect for you. It allows you to ride between the THREE campus light-rail stops on the METRO Green Line – West Bank, East Bank and Stadium Village – without paying a fare.
Through this pilot program, Campus Zone Passes are free to registered Twin Cities students, faculty or staff on the Twin Cities campus.
How to Ride/Tap Your Pass –
New this year, users will touch the card to the card reader EVERY TIME they ride.
The pass must be tagged to the card reader on the platforms (not the ticket vending machines).
If you have a U-Pass or Metropass,
Your U-Pass or Metropass covers unlimited
Transit Police officers may randomly ask to see proof of payment. Please show your Campus Zone Pass and U Card. There is a $180 fine for attempting to ride without a valid fare.
- Must be a registered Twin Cities student or
- Must be a staff or faculty member on the Twin Cities campus in the University's PeopleSoft system.
To pick up this free pass, you must visit one of these three locations in person (no one can pick up this pass for you and it cannot be mailed).
Additionally, you must show your U Card at the time of pick-up.
- East Bank
- Coffman Memorial Union's Information Desk (hours)
- Parking and Transportation Services, 300 Transportation & Safety Building, 511 Washington Avenue SE, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- St. Paul
- St. Paul Student Center Information Desk (hours)
The Campus Zone Pass is valid for a set timeframe.
|2015-16||August 24, 2015 - August 28, 2016|
|2016-17||August 29, 2016 - August 27, 2017|
Damaged, Lost or Stolen Passes
Replacements can only be picked up at Parking and Transportation Services, 300 Transportation & Safety Building, 511 Washington Avenue SE.
Customers requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen pass will be assessed a non-refundable fee (based on the time of the academic year when the replacement is requested).
- During fall semester - $24.00
- During spring semester- $16.00
- During summer - $8.00
Damaged passes will be exchanged for a new one.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.