Fleet Services handles the following vehicle requirements for University departments.
Title and Insurance
PTS Fleet holds the title for all University vehicles, licensed trailers and equipment. In addition, PTS Fleet ensures that all University vehicles are properly insured.
PTS Fleet ensures that all University vehicles and equipment are properly licensed. To license a unit, please email a copy of the paid invoice, information for a vehicle contact, and EFS chart field to Fleet Services. Then, please mail the original MSO/Title to: Fleet Services, 901 - 29th Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
Monthly Vehicle Fee
All department-owned vehicles are charged a monthly service fee to cover administrative costs. Effective FY17, the departmental fee is $46 per month for the metro-area and $21 per month for greater Minnesota.
The insurance charge is billed separately. Effective FY17, the insurance charge (per month) for vehicles will be:
- Cars $49
- Medium and Heavy Duty Vehicles $68
- All other vehicle types $55
Driver License Checks
Fleet Services checks the licenses of full-time drivers of leased and department-owned vehicles annually for validity.
|Utility Vehicle Training Presentation|
The Utility Vehicle Training presentation is highly encouraged for those on campus who use that type of vehicle.
This 21-slide presentation is a self-guided training tool for University staff to use. Its goal is to make safer drivers by educating the campus rules of the road and reinforcing good behavior habits. This training is an official appendix of the Vehicle Use Policy.
Fleet Services relies on department contacts, known as Designated Responsible Authorities (DRAs), to help identify drivers of University vehicles; carry out the Driver's License Check Program; and comply with University policies regarding the use of University vehicles.
A DRA is an employee of the University who has been assigned this responsibility by the department head.
- Track changes in a department’s driver pool (click the DRA Sign-In link below to access online records).
- Coordinate the application of and compliance with the Using Vehicles for University Business policy
- Carry out the tasks described in the DRA Responsibilities section of the Using Vehicles for University Business policy.
- Be familiar with the Managing Permanently Assigned University Vehicles procedure.