Student Standard Parking Contract Lottery
|Drawing:||July 30, 2018|
|Response Deadline:||11:59 pm on August 5, 2018|
|Drawing:||August 6, 2018|
|Response Deadline:||11:59 pm on August 12, 2018|
The lottery is unavailable each night from 1-5 am for server maintenance.
- IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND BY THE RESPONSE DEADLINE, YOU WILL FORFEIT A PARKING CONTRACT FOR THAT ROUND. Your name will go back into the lottery and you will remain eligible for any future rounds in a particular semester lottery.
- If you ACCEPT a parking contract award, the fee will automatically be charged to your University Student Account. Upon accepting a contract, you will receive a purchase confirmation e-mail. SAVE the e-mail as it is your only proof of purchase. If you do not receive a purchase confirmation e-mail, return to the website to verify your purchase or call our office at 612-626-7275.
- Choose your facility locations CAREFULLY. If you are awarded a parking contract and you DECLINE, your name will be removed from all facilities for that particular semester. There is not a facility waiting list for student contracts.
- If you have been guaranteed housing and you are directed to the commuter student page, go ahead and register. Once the housing database is updated, your status will automatically be changed to your assigned residence hall.
- Commuter student parking permits will be mailed to the address on the lottery application prior to the start of the semester. Residence hall students pick up parking permits at their residence hall during move-in.
- NOTE: If a student has an active contract in a keycard facility, the student should keep that keycard. If awarded a contract in a keycard facility in the lottery, that active keycard will be re-coded for use in the new term.
|CONTRACT LENGTH (FOR FALL SEMESTER 2018)|
|Commuter Students:||September 4 - December 20|
|Yudof and Wilkins Hall Residents:||August 15 - December 31|
|All Other Residents:||August 27 - December 20|
- Only one vehicle per contract is permitted to park at any one time. Violation may result in tagging, towing, and revocation of parking contract.
- Contract holders in Lot SC108 on the St. Paul campus cannot park between 11 pm and 6 am, Mon-Fri or anytime on weekends. Special reciprocity provisions have been developed for contract holders in this facility.
- SNOW PLOW ALERT: Students are required to move their cars to accommodate scheduled snowplowing. Unmoved vehicles will be tagged and towed at the owner’s expense. Students will be notified of snowplow dates and times through e-mail and posted signs in parking facilities.
- The University of Minnesota reserves the right to move or reassign cars to other locations when necessary.
- On home football game days, commuter students on the East Bank campus will not be able to park in their contract facility. If you need to park on campus on a football game day, you can park in the East River Road Garage. Use your keycard to enter or show your hangtag to the attendant.
- Graduate students may renew their contract for spring and summer semester on-line. An email will be sent with renewal dates when the website is accepting renewal requests. GAPSA Occassional Use contracts are not renewable. GAPSA will send out information to its members each semester.
- The University of Minnesota assumes no responsibility for loss by fire, theft, or damage to vehicles while in the parking facility.