Meter parking is an excellent choice for those needing short term parking. Rates vary by meter and length of visit. The maximum parking time ranges from one to two hours, depending upon each individual meter (longer timeframes are available at a higher rate during special events)
Rates are posted on each meter, on our Parking Rates page, and on the specific pages below.
Key Things To Know:
- Be sure to read the information on the meter to verify that it is a University meter, not a City of Minneapolis meter or a Park Board meter (University meters are indicated on the PTS maps with a yellow box).
- Campus parking meters accept credit cards. The minimum time charged is one hour at the current rate on our Parking Rates page.
- University meters must be paid from 6:00 am to 10:00 p.m. every day of the week.
- Unless there is a large event on campus, University parking meters are free on most official University holidays.
- Individuals with a state-issued disability permit or license plate may park free at campus meters for the posted time limit OR a maximum of three hours, whichever is less (for example, the meters at Northrop Auditorium and behind Coffman Union both have one-hour limits).
- After the allowed timeframe, meter patrons must either relocate their vehicle or pay the posted meter rate.
- To apply for a disability permit, call the State of Minnesota at 651-296-6911.
Find a Specific University Parking Meter
There are more than 350 parking meters on the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus that are managed and maintained by University staff.