PTS is serious about your safety. The following is a representation of steps we've taken to keep you secure on campus or during your commute.
- The Gopher Way system has security cameras placed in many sections of the system.
- Parking ramps are monitored 24/7 by CCTV security cameras and monitors.
- 82 emergency call buttons are located throughout our parking facilities.
- Fire suppression, alarm systems and fire extinguishers are in all structured facilities.
- Parking attendant booths are equipped with radios or phones for immediate access to UMPD or emergency assistance.
- Parking facilities are kept well-lit and clean by professional, trained maintenance staff.
- In winter, entrances to parking facilities are kept free of snow and ice.
- Field staff is identifiable by uniform or badge.
- Interior surfaces of ramps/garages are painted bright white to increase illumination.
- Emergency generators are on hand for power outages.
- Parking ramps have lobbies with glass windows floor to ceiling.
- Adopted the Helmets and Headlights safety program, giving the University community the opportunity to purchase a helmet and headlight set for the low cost of $20.
- Provide our parking customers with a Motorist Assistance Program (MAP) to assist you with a flat tire, dead battery or if you lock your keys in your car.
The campus security escort monitors walk more than 15 miles on average in one night?