Motorized Foot Scooters
What Is a "Motorized Foot Scooter"?
It's a vehicle that:
Where Can A Scooter Be Left?
- Park a motorized foot scooter adjacent to any campus bike rack.
- 9,000 free racks/hoops are located around campus near almost every building.
- Ride in bike lanes and paths whenever possible. Always ride as far right as serves your destination.
- Never ride on campus sidewalks (unless designated as a bike lane with pavement markings).
- Obey all traffic signs, signals and laws.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Most campus bike lanes are one-way only. You must ride in the direction of traffic.
- Helmets are recommended. If renting a scooter, wear all protective gear required or recommended by the vendor.
- Watch for designated areas to dismount and walk your scooter. One example is to walk your scooter on a sidewalk to get to a bike rack for parking.
- Don’t leave motorized foot scooters next to handrails, trees, fences, bus shelters or anything other than bike racks. Illegally parked scooters are subject to tag and removal.
- Headlights and reflectors are required by Minnesota law for night riding.