Ditch the car and hop on the bus. Bus-only freeway lanes and ramp meter bypasses can make your commute even faster. Several bus lines operate in the Twin Cities metro and many have direct routes to the U. Check out the service from your area.
- Metro Transit (largest transit provider)
- Anoka County Transit (Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, Elk River, Fridley, Ramsey)
- Maple Grove Transit (Maple Grove)
- Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Rosemount and Savage)
- Plymouth Metrolink (Plymouth)
- SouthWest Transit (Chanhassen, Chaska, Eden Prairie, Victoria)
Metro Transit bus and light rail fares are:
- $2.50 during rush hours (M-F, 6-9 am and 3:00-6:30 pm, except holidays)
- $2.00 all other times
- Express fares: $3.25 rush hours and $2.50 at other times
(Exact fare is necessary; drivers do not carry change)
Grab your bus schedule at:
- Coffman Memorial Union commuter lounge
- St. Paul Student Center, near information desk
- PTS main office, 511 Washington Avenue SE, 3rd floor
- Gopher Express West
Metro Transit lists every metro area route. From their home page, use “Select a Route” or “Quick Trip Planner.”
- Save money — an easy, affordable way to get around town. Eliminates parking fees. Saves wear and tear on a personal vehicle.
- Go Green! — An environmentally-friendly alternative to single-occupancy vehicles that reduces carbon monoxide emissions.
- Reduces travel stress — read, snooze, listen to music or relax during the commute.
- Do the bike/bus combo — Most buses and all trains have bike racks that accommodate any bike. You can load/unload in a snap. Watch a video to see how it works!