University Paratransit Service
Fall 2020 COVID-19 Service Changes
About the University Paratransit Service
It is a curb-to-curb transport service provided free of charge to students, staff or faculty members with short- or long-term physical disabilities. The service operates on the Twin Cities campus.
- Vans operate Monday through Friday year-round, except on University holidays
- The first daily trip starts at 7:00 a.m. and the last trip starts at 9:30 p.m. during the academic year (service ends at 6:00 p.m. during breaks and summer periods).
- Rides may be scheduled up to two weeks in advance
- Rides may be scheduled from and to more than 200 locations on the Twin Cities campus
- A valid University of Minnesota internet ID (otherwise known as ".x500 address") is required when making an online reservation or reserving a paratransit trip by phone.
Bring your U Card with you on all Paratransit rides! You may need it to get to your destination. Learn more about the Health Sciences building security changes effective 12/02/19.
Add/Change/Cancel a Reservation Online
Use the online reservation system to:
- Add, change or cancel a reservation 24/7. Note: all same-day adds, changes and cancellations must be made by phone between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- See a list of your pending and past reservations
- Copy a past reservation to create a new request
- Manage your contact phone number
Add/Change/Cancel a Reservation by Phone
Call the University Paratransit appointment line at 612-624-8338 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed on University holidays).
Metro Mobility Discounted Bus Passes
Metro Mobility is a door-to-door service that is available by reservation for certified riders unable to use the regular fixed-route bus due to a disability or health condition. Complete details including eligibility, cost and an application form can be found on the Metropolitan Council website or by calling 651-602-1111 (TTY 651-221-9886).
Once certified, deeply discounted Metro Mobility Go-To Cards are available for purchase by University students, faculty and staff at the PTS main office. Contact 612-626-7275 for more information.
In order to receive the discounted price when it is time to add stored value to a Metro Mobility Go-To Card, contact Parking & Transportation Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full price general public tickets may be purchased online at Metro Mobility– accessible service for people of all mobility levels.
Deeply discounted Metro Mobility fare tickets are available to University students, faculty and staff at the PTS main office. Read more details at the bottom of this page. Contact 612-626-7275 for more information.
Fill out the PTS Transportation Form at the bottom of the page
Complete theADA Complaint Form