Car-sharing is an on-campus alternative to owning your own car and is becoming a popular option in the Twin Cities.
- 24/7 access to vehicles
- Minimum age is 18
- Rates include gas and insurance
University Departments! Car-sharing can work for you too. It’s a perfect solution to your short-term vehicle needs – for meetings, research, meals or transportation for a visiting colleague.
On Campus Option
HOURCAR is the largest car-sharing operator in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Its fleet comprises a range of fuel-efficient hatchbacks, sedans, utility vehicles and pick-up trucks.
and make reservations online.
- $40 annual membership fee for University students, staff and faculty
- No application fee or security deposit
- Rates are typically $8.50/hour or $75/day on weekends ($65/day on weekdays)
- Convenient on-campus locations:
- EAST BANK
- Washington Avenue Ramp — 2 vehicles
- See where inside the ramp
- Oak Street Ramp - 2 vehicles
- Pillsbury Court - 1 vehicle
- ST. PAUL
- Commonwealth Terrace Cooperative — 1 vehicle