Gopher Football at TCF Bank Stadium
For the University community, find game day specifics and information
On gamedays, drivers should anticipate congestion and delays while travelling to/from and around campus. Carpooling and alternate methods (transit, bike, walk) are highly recommended.
Because of limited road capacity around the stadium, fans should anticipate that streets around campus will be congested for about one hour after the game. Incidents on the roadways or freeways can increase exiting time.
2020 Gopher Football Home Schedule
See Gopher Sports for statement on 2020 fall season
- Thursday, September 3 @ TBD vs Florida Atlantic (Lot S108 is NOT available due to Minnesota State Fair) -- CANCELED GAME
- Saturday, September 12 @ TBD vs Tennessee Tech -- CANCELED GAME
- Friday, September 18 @ TBD vs University of Iowa
- Saturday, September 26 @ TBD vs BYU -- CANCELED GAME
- Saturday, October 17 @ TBD vs Michigan
- Saturday, November 7 @ TBD vs Purdue
- Saturday, November 21 @ TBD vs Northwestern
|Weekly Traffic Alert|
Season Parking Passes for Football Fans
Football season ticket holders can pre-select their parking location and purchase a season parking pass.
Season parking passes are sold to season ticket holders
The personalized maps below show selected parking locations and recommended travel routes into campus for each (certain campus roads may be closed to traffic). Note: this information is subject to change with construction. Note: Lot S108 is NOT available for Thursday, 8/29 game.
|Our overview map of campus shows all parking options at a glance.|
|Our exiting map shows how officers direct traffic AFTER the game.|
|Note: each map has MULTIPLE pages!|
Other Selected Audience
Day of Game (Single Game) Parking
Single game football parking will be available in the following locations:
- East Bank
- East River Road Garage (no tailgating) - $10/vehicle
- Church Street Garage (no tailgating) - $20/vehicle
- Oak Street Ramp (no tailgating) - $20/Vehicle
- University Ave. Ramp (no tailgating; disability-only) - $20/vehicle
- Washington Avenue Ramp (no tailgating) - $20/vehicle
- while space is available
- open six hours before game, but no earlier than 7 a.m.
- Various Meters (no tailgating) - $4/hr (7 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- St. Paul - (NOT available for Thursday, 8/29 Game)
- State Fairgrounds Lot S108 - $10/vehicle (tailgating allowed)
- West Bank
All single game parking is based on availability. As a parking facility fills, parking attendants may direct you to the nearest available location
- Season ticket holders with a state-issued disability permit or plates may purchase a season parking pass in either Maroon Lot or Gold Lot. Contact the Athletics Ticket Office at 612-624-8080.
- Day-of-game disability parking ($20) is available at the University Avenue Ramp.
- A drop-off for disability patrons will be located adjacent to the stadium along the north side of University Avenue.
- Gopher Athletics will be running an Ambassador Shuttle (6-passenger golf carts) from University Avenue Ramp to the stadium for patrons with disabilities or those who cannot walk long distances. Contact the Athletics Office at 612-624-8080.
- University Paratransit Service is provided upon request on a first-come, first-served basis on most game days from Lot 108 (St. Paul's tailgating lot near the Fairgrounds) to TCF Bank Stadium. Call 612-624-8338 for pick-up and drop-off service.
RV parking is available on game day only for $40 in the State Fairgrounds Lot S108 in St. Paul. (NOT available for Thursday, 8/29 Game)
Season ticket holders with RVs will be in the Victory Lot. Overnight parking is not allowed.
FREE Campus Transit Options
PTS does not anticipate running fan shuttles to St. Paul for the 2020 Gopher Football season. Any updates will be posted here.
CAMPUS CONNECTOR/UNIVERSITY AVENUE CIRCULATOR
The University's Campus Connector runs from West Bank to East Bank to St. Paul and operates on its weekend schedule (every 20 minutes starting at 9:30 a.m. until 2 a.m. on Saturdays). Buses do not stop around the stadium, but follow a game day detour route. Detour route in effect four hours before kick-off and one hour post-game.
The University's University Avenue Circulator runs from West Bank to East Bank and operates on its weekend schedule (every 15 minutes starting at 9:30 a.m. until 2 a.m. on Saturdays).
See a gameday map of these routes and stops.
NOTE: Games on the Saturday after Thanksgiving offer reduced campus bus service. Call 612-626-PARK for details regarding that day.
The University of Minnesota permits tailgating on football game days in designated surface parking lots, during specified hours and under other general conditions.
- On weekends, tailgating may begin up to 6 hours before game time, but no earlier than 7 a.m.
- On weekdays, tailgating may begin up to 6 hours before game time, but no earlier than 2 p.m.
- Tailgating must end 4 hours after game time or midnight, whichever comes first.
- All vehicles must leave the parking lots when they close at midnight.
- Green space within a parking lot or within 15 feet of a designated surface parking lot may be used for tailgating by the participants assigned to that parking lot.
- Tailgating is NOT permitted on any other University of Minnesota property, including parking ramps and garages.
|Date||Opponent||Game Time||Tailgating Starts||Tailgating Ends|
|Friday, Sept. 18||Iowa||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Saturday, Oct. 17||Michigan||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Saturday, Nov. 7||Purdue||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Saturday, Nov. 21||Northwestern||TBD||TBD||TBD|
These policies are intended to enhance the football game day experience, promote a safe campus environment and preserve the beauty of our campus.
To view more details on University policy, please view the University's Tailgating Policy.
To view details on City of Minneapolis rules and ordinances, please view the City's Game Day Parking Webpage.
PTS and other University departments have partnered with local and state transportation officials to create a comprehensive parking and traffic plan for Gopher football fans to provide the best campus travel experience possible.
- PTS has developed a traffic management plan designed to ease congestion and ensure safe, efficient movement through campus on game days.
- Officers are stationed at key intersections, parking access points and pedestrian crossings
- Special event signal timing will be implemented
- Pre-game –favors inbound traffic
- Post-game –favors outbound traffic
- Local electronic message signs alert drivers of event-related parking information
- An on-campus traffic management center monitors Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT) and local video feeds
- Watch for back-ups/incidents
- Communicate messages to the public via electronic message signs
- On-street parking is temporarily restricted at select locations to promote efficient traffic flow
- Some streets immediately adjacent to TCF Bank Stadium are partially or fully closed to accommodate large pedestrian volumes before and after events
- For parking facilities north of University Avenue, season ticket holders are encouraged to use University Avenue via I-35W or Highway 280
- For facilities south of University Avenue, season ticket holders are encouraged to use Huron Avenue and Washington Avenue
Street Traffic Restriction (Post-Game)
Additional Transportation Options
For those who would rather avoid driving to campus on game days, there are a number of transportation choices.
Metro Transit offers fast, frequent service to TCF Bank Stadium. Visit Metro Transit for personalized trip planning.
METRO TRANSIT BUSES
Take your local bus route to the METRO Green Line to gain direct access to the game with a drop-off right at Stadium Village Station. TCF Bank Stadium can be conveniently accessed on routes 2, 3, or 6. And don't forget the Northstar Commuter Rail. So don’t worry about the usual traffic and parking headaches and save the energy for cheering on the team!
Get advanced bus and train tickets for Gophers games.
You can also purchase an Event 6-Hour Pass for $3.50 from the bus driver for easy round-trip travel.
The Metro Transit Green Line links downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul, the University of Minnesota and many neighborhoods. There is a convenient stop located just outside of TCF Bank Stadium. The Stadium Village Station is located off 23rd Avenue on the south side of the stadium. Light rail trains operate every 10-15 minutes.
Park in one of 2,800 free Park & Ride spaces along the METRO Blue Line and purchase an Event 6-Hour Pass for $3.50 from the ticket machine on the rail station platform for easy round trip travel. Take the METRO Blue Line to the Downtown East Station, get off the train, board the METRO Green Line to the Stadium Village Station and enjoy the game. After the game, show your Event 6-Hour Pass to board the Green Line again.
- Use the bike lanes around campus to get here. A few good choices are:
- 5th Street SE
- 4th Street SE
- University Avenue
- Find bike routes at cyclopath.org
- FREE bike parking is located on the south side of the stadium, adjacent to University Avenue SE and throughout campus.
Motorcycles are treated the same as cars. Motorcyclists can park in any cash lot for single game football parking by paying the public event rate or they can purchase a regular football season parking pass with their season tickets.
Taxi Pick-up and Drop-off
A taxi stand is located along University Avenue on the south side of the stadium (see map). Taxis will stop in the east end of the pullout bay heading westbound on University Ave.
A second taxi loading area will be at the west side of the stadium in the closed right-turn lane on Oak Street at 4th Street.
Stopping in any through traffic lanes is prohibited.
Uber and Limo Drivers
Uber and limousine drivers can stop for drop-off and pick-up on Beacon Street between Oak and Ontario Streets. See map.
All charter operations are required to use the City of Minneapolis Charter Bus parking system. Buses will be assigned to designated zones near TCF Bank Stadium and will need to display a printable permit.
The Charter Bus Parking Map shows charter bus parking locations (note: certain campus roads may be closed to traffic).
The maps below provide a recommended travel route into and out of campus for each charter zone (certain campus roads may be closed to traffic). Note: this information is subject to change. Note: each map has MULTIPLE pages!